reclaimed crafts has moved!

Please visit us at our new website!


Tuesday, September 3

curbside window + reclaimed nautical maps = weekly whiteboard calendar

A whole day of tag sale-ing and my biggest score was the freebie pile across the street from the tag sale.  Go figure.  See, this is why you have to be zen when you tag sale, and not obsessively make lists based upon empty Craigslist promises about barn sales. Not that I'd ever do that.  Never mind:  the window was sweet, it was free, and it was what I had been wanting for a while.


Hardware still on:  bonus!
I've been thinking about doing a whiteboard-type calendar project for a while, inspired by projects like this.  But while I am already daydreaming about the colors of paint chips I will "borrow" from my local Walmart (I'd never do that to my local hardware), I had to put my own twist on this one.  

My first thought was maps (natch), but they seemed too busy as a background to a calendar.  Then I remembered all of the fabulous nautical maps I've been stashing for an occasion such as this.  

This beauty will be for sale shortly at the fabulous Knack. Please buy it so I have an excuse to make more.

look how the hardware provides the
perfect resting spot for the marker!


  
yes, it's my fantasy schedule -
why shouldn't it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment