reclaimed crafts has moved!

Please visit us at our new website!


Friday, August 8

lawn sweeper, it sweeps your lawn

I was up in New Hampshire with my friend Laurie last weekend. 
What this invariably means is lake swimming, beautiful sunsets, amazing margaritas, and lots of really great tag sale-ing, not necessarily in that order.  Laurie has tag sale mojo like no one else I know.  

We headed to the Andover Old Time Fair in the cutest town ever.  
We both picked up a few good items at the flea market, but on the way out (seriously, we were almost safely to the car), I spied something I had overlooked the first time.  It was this.


Those who follow along at home know that I was first drawn to the colors.  Upon further inspection, it revealed itself to be a Parker Parkerette.  I fell further in love, despite the fact that that did nothing to help me understand its original purpose (not that it really mattered, given the blue and the yellow). Luckily, we were greeted by the (older) woman who actually used this thing as a kid.  She exclaimed brightly, "Oh, you're buying my lawn sweeper!"  So that's what it is.  Literally, it sweeps your lawn. Not that it matters.  It was two dollars. Two dollars!  How could I not buy it?    

It's so old that some people put it in museums.


It's so cool that some people make You Tube videos about it.  

What should I do with it?

1 comment:

  1. Its really a nice post and good blog site. Thoroughly enjoying your blog. I love to work in my garden. And I can easily cleaning my garden by the lawn sweeper. I'm considering buying one and this was helpful and these things work great. Lawn sweeper is the best for lawn sweep.

    ReplyDelete