reclaimed crafts has moved!

Please visit us at our new website!


Saturday, February 23

collegiate bike racing

It's not often that my business and my husband's collide:  he does race results for bike races. However, he's in charge of all of the numbers for the collegiate bike races in New England and the Mid-Atlantic...



...and so there's a lot of cardboard left over...



...which is where I come in.

I found a great tutorial for mini notebooks, and put a few twists on it, using vintage maps



a scrap of decoupage paper, a vintage-y rubber stamp



baker's twine and a fabulous salvaged button from my collection.



I also got to use my 2 favorite features of my new, gorgeous paper cutter.

score!
rounded corners!
Creme de la craft's tutorial is terrific, so if you're interested in doing this fun and easy project, go there.  I add just one suggestion:  if you prick your finger so hard it bleeds, put a band-aid on so you don't bleed on your nice white paper.  Also, it's easier to complete this project without a large cat on your lap:



That's right, folks, you can always come here for your highly technical craft tips.

Here's the finished product!






3 comments: